HOD, Comp Dept
Mr. Bharat R. Burghate, CIIEDC In-Charge
The Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal is a charitable educational trust, a pioneer in imparting quality technical education in the field of Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Computer Applications etc. It has established five campuses in Pune at Tathawade, Hadapsar, Wagholi & Bavadhan & Narhe. Each campus consists institutes of global competitiveness.
Bhivarabai Sawant Institute of Technology & Research (BSIOTR) is one among the competent engineering colleges, established in 2009-10 and is situated on a picturesque heart throbbing landscape at Wagholi on Nagar –Pune Road. The institute offers Under Graduate courses in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication, Mechanical Engineering . The core strength of this institute is highly qualified,dedicated & experienced faculty, well equipped laboratories and state of art infrastructure.
Institution has created an eco system for innovations including incubation center. An innovation and incubation centre is functional in the institute which acts as catalyst for creation and transfer of knowledge for the students and industries with the objectives listed below.
1. To create physical infrastructure and support systems necessary for business incubation activities.
2. Facilitate networking with professional resources, which include mentors, experts, consultants and advisors for the incubate companies
3. Services such as training.
4. Links to higher education resources.
5. Promote and facilitate knowledge creation, innovation and entrepreneurship activities
Thrust Area of Proposed Incubation & Innovation Centre
1.Mobile and Information Technology
2. Internet of things
4. Electronics design and VLSI design
5. CAD/CAM Applications
6. Software based Simulation and Optimization
7. Embedded System
8. Cyber Security
9. PLC logic development.
10. Renewable Energy
1. The leading thinkers, expert of various incubators in the country.
2. Industrialist and representatives of various Industrial associations, Research and Academic institutions.
3. Officials of Government of India and Government of Maharashtra.
4. Academicians from leading institutions of India.
Facilities to Incubatees
1. Networking: With Professional Experts, Consultants and advisor of incubatee companies.
2. Mentoring: Promote and facilitate knowledge creation, innovation and entrepreneurship activities.
3. Business Support Services: Consultants offering legal, IP, tax services.
4. Branding: Permission to brand them as “BSIOTR Incubated Company”.